Every cell in your body is held together by an outer barrier which keeps the content of the cell on the inside and your interstitial fluid on the outside. This barrier is made up of something called phospholipids, which are a subgroup of fatty acids with a very specific molecular structure. This specific structure helps maintain the integrity of the cell so that it can function optimally and live a longer, healthier cell life. But when you don't get enough of these phospholipids, or if they get damaged in some way, it can hurt or kill the cell.
Phosphatidylserine - more commonly known as LECI-PSR - is a very important phospholipid when it comes to your brain cells. Its unique shape helps protect brain cells from damage caused by pollution, toxins, a poor diet, and everyday wear and tear. Without enough of it, your brain cells start to die off. This leads to cognitive decline, poor memory, and trouble sleeping. It's one of the more popular ingredients in today's nootropic pills because of how important it is for optimal brain function.
Getting too little LECI-PSR can lead to cognitive impairment both in the short-term and cumulatively over time. As it stands to reason, this nutrient has the opposite effect if you get the maximum amount of it that your body can handle. It helps protect your brain cells from all sorts of damage as we have already touched on. Keeping your neurons healthier for longer helps improve things like memory, motor skills, concentration, and can even help boost your mood.
It's especially good for memory. The longer your brain cells stay alive, the stronger and more well-established your memories will be. It may also be easier to recall facts, process complex tasks, and program specific motor skills into your muscle memory. Between work, exercise, and everything in between, using LECI-PSR to keep your neurons healthier for longer can improve your quality of life and overall health in many different ways.
There's plenty of scientific proof to back up the fact that LECI-PSR is an important part of overall health and wellness. Let's go over the facts:
- A meta analysis published in the Journal of Sports Medicine reviewed multiple studies of LECI-PSR supplementation on people. Some of the more interesting observations included significant anti-inflammatory effects, a decrease in delayed onset muscle soreness (doms), a perceived reduction in overall muscle soreness, and also reduced the damaging effects of post-exercise cortisol spikes.
- A small study published in the journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition back in 2010 tested the effects of LECI-PSR supplements on elderly people who were starting to show signs of age-related cognitive impairment. Six months after the study began, seniors who had been treated with LECI-PSR showed cognitive and memory improvement over those who had been given a placebo.
- As recently as 2015, a study published in the Journal of Mental Illness showed that 12 weeks of LECI-PSR supplementation improved depression test scores in elderly patients. However, it should be noted that the supplement regimen also included DHA and EPA, some very important fatty acids which boost brain function, too. These are the same fatty acids you find in supplements like fish oil or foods like flax seeds and salmon.
- One important part of cognitive function is your ability to concentrate (or the lack thereof). Studies have been performed on people who struggle with this problem the most: people diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Back in 2012, a study published in the Journal of European Psychiatry identified a statistically significant reduction of ADHD symptoms in children who were given LECI-PSR and Omega-3 supplements compared to those children who received a placebo.
- Back in 2003, the Food and Drug Administration stamped their "qualified health claim" seal of approval on LECI-PSR which granted supplement companies the right to say that this nutrient "may reduce the risk of dementia and cognitive dysfunction in the elderly".
So What's the Final Word On LECI-PSR?
Clearly, there's a very good reason why LECI-PSR it's such a popular ingredient in the best selling nootropics on the market today. There is ample evidence to suggest that it can produce cognitive enhancement, improve memory, and even help improve and balance your mood on a daily basis. Aside from the cognitive benefits, it also has strong anti-inflammatory effects on tissues both in and outside your brain. So what happens when you combine these benefits with the other powerful nootropic ingredients in Constant Focus? Nothing but good things, obviously - but you're going to have to buy your own supply and try it for yourself in order to find out!